PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2022, 21:32
43Inches

Received 415 Likes on 229 Posts
Cities held by islamic extremist? Entire cities? Are you talking about the Phillipines or Afghanistan?
Suggest you read the news more and look up what happened in Marawi in the Phillipines before posting. Then there's just the murders and killings committed by the government to curb the drug problems, or opposition parties, depending on who you talk to.

You missed the Lindt seige but I suppose that was relatively small-scale (unless you were one of the dead). But I get your point, not as much terrorism here. Yet. Here's a list so far:
Sieges by mentally disturbed individuals happen everywhere, these are terrorist attacks in name only with very low death tolls which don't exceed the average domestic dispute siege, more people are dying in GA aircraft accidents in Australia than actual terrorist events. Mass killings via bombs and shootings don't happen in Australia, again shows you have very limited experience outside of this country.

Not yet but it's coming. The next generation will be dealing with it though and cursing some of the decisions of this and earlier gens.
By the time that happens it will be open gang warfare in the UK and US, we will still be better off. Demographics here just don't reflect why these are issues overseas, despite the sensationalism.

It's disturbing that you even need to mention that and smacks of Stockholm Syndrome which is alive and well especially down there in Victoria where the dictator will likely be voted back in soon.
Not sure why you are dredging Covid back up again when we are pretty much back to normal here.

My point still stands though, if you want to leave Australia, go for it, I'm not going to stop anyone, or even dissuade them. Just make sure you hand in your passports and don't cry for help from the Aussie consulate when your new homeland does something that is really draconian and you want a free pass home. I really want my taxes to fix my roads and provide infrastructure I can use, not fund somebody elses follies that wants to avoid paying tax by living o/s for a few years, there's already enough wasted with government.

PS I'll still go and spend 6 months in Euroland for holidays, nothing wrong with that, but I'll still pay taxes at home here.

Last edited by 43Inches; 19th Oct 2022 at 21:46.