PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS, it gets better.
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2022, 20:39
PoppaJo

Received 295 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Jester64
Yeah sure mate keep telling yourself that’s why you didn’t go overseas….maybe because your little GA outfit out in bumf^k Idaho won’t employ expats, doesn’t mean an expat can’t get a job back in AUS. Plenty did, plenty are doing, and plenty will, including with all the major operators in AUS. But maybe just not your little outfit coz you said so….Care to name it? Would love to hear it, or a you just talking ****?
All the major operators? Mine doesn’t. In 15 years here I have never sat next to someone that has been overseas. In my previous employer, nearly all I sat next to had been overseas.

I never said they can’t get a job back here. Plenty of operators will offer jobs, I think we have seen that which is good to see. However, it would be very challenging for a return expat to find themselves at some point, in the left seat at QF Mainline /VA/JQ. Considerable wait times currently exist for the changing of seats, even if they did get a look in.

Come back in a few years and this will likely reverse, ie everyone going back overseas again to retire with a bigger bank balance.