PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa introduces the Dreamliner (finally)
Old 19th Oct 2022, 13:10
BRE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lufthansa introduces the Dreamliner (finally)

This seems to be the most appropriate subforum to post this, going by its name, except most people post about airports. If there's a more appropriate one, please move - thanks.

While I was aware they've had Boeing aircraft on Swiss and Austrian long haul and they'd ordered some for LH, I wasn't really aware they had some Dreamliners on order, too, which makes them rather late for the party. Well, I just received my customer newsletter that set me straight. So they've received the first of 32 Dreamliners, which will be commuting between FRA and MUC thrice daily from today, and will be used between FRA and EWR from December.

Even if the advertise the great comfort, I am not looking forward, having flown in a Dreamliner only once on ANA. That was before the battery issues, going to Japan on a LH A380 and going back on the Dreamliner, it was a night and day difference in comfort. The next trip was a few months later, after the grounding, we didn't know if we were going to get a flight back at all until the night before, when we were notified that they'd dug out an old 772 that had been used for domestic routes.

So, with LH's obsession about reliability and safety, how did they make sure they incur none of the quality issues the program has been plagued with?

Last edited by BRE; 19th Oct 2022 at 13:46.