PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2022, 12:12
pabely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way I see it the nose of an aircraft parked on 104 if it was aligned with the others would make the need for the service road to go more northwards and into the current floodlight.
Clearly expanding capacity by the back door without scrutiny. I can’t think why the locals see a conflict of interest.
Adding overnight parking stands does not directly increase capacity limits but helps the endless movement of parked aircraft unnecessarily to other areas. How many times do EZY or Signature have to dump parked aircraft up the run up bay only to drag them back early in the morning.
Also we regularly see Globals or Gulfstreams deliver their customers then depart to Stansted, Oxford or Southend to park up only to return days later. Talk about wasteful legs and unnecessary carbon footprint!
I would also get the new 6 pack (N1-N6) started just to park up planes which are known to be stopping a while, whether waiting to enter TUI or Easyjet hangers or to reduce congestion in the 62/71 & 54/16 areas.

Last edited by pabely; 19th Oct 2022 at 18:42.