PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet MPL, CX Cadet or Self Funded?
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2022, 08:35
Theholdingpoint

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by lpfflyer
Posted this on another thread but will add here as well:

I was on the modular route and have taken the decision (unpopular I know) to switch to the easyJet MPL with CAE because:

i. it's more expensive but actually not by that much compared to (for example) modular @£50k plus Ryanair TR @£30k which is the most obvious route in for modular students at the moment. The MPL was £78k excl. accommodation with CAE (they charge in EUR and exchange rate will have changed that for the worse but luckily my savings aren't in pounds).

ii. Starting salary is better at EZY and goes up quite quickly. Looking at the lifetime return on investment, getting on a rising salary scale quickly is worth a lot of money across a whole career and will make up for the slightly higher cost (if it even is more expensive) a few times over. Plus EZY seem to have a better reputation as an employer than Ryanair or Wizz, so it is conceivably somewhere to stay for a career.

The risks are well known and understood. My understanding is that everyone that remained on the EZY MPL during covid has now restarted the MPL training if they haven't already finished and been employed by EZY. Obviously a horrible couple of years but they will all have got there in the end.

Is it correct that the really unlucky ones were those that switched out of the MPL onto the ATPL at great cost and now are not being employed by EZY?

With no chances to work while studying.