PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New captain in EU LLC, -> FO Qatar or Emirates?
Old 18th Oct 2022, 05:53
flyTheBigFatLady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lacog
Why i want to leave?
Because on the left seat at the moment i make slightly more than !!!half!!! that I was making as cadet on the RHS. Covid they say...

​​​​​
​​​​
seriously I don’t what to ruin your desperation for the money.
as many said the network and experience coming with it is great, the pax cheque looks tempting.
having said that the price you pay is enormous considering for what you give up to get in, especially when your family is not committed to it, it is way to big and at the end you will find out that your pay cheque is by far not big enough.

once the frustration sets in that you don’t get off as you want, and you start missing all family events back home you will still be bonded for at least another 3 years (pretty much the time where the gold looses its shine). At that point you will feel being trapped, and your hand full of command hours will have no value.

HR will promise you everything you want to hear to sign, will give you nothing in writing.

you are signing a contract where 2 manuals are part of your contract, which firstly you will not be able to see before signing, and secondly are objects of change (employee regulation and parts of the om/a - om/a where duty hours/over time/upgrade/fleet transfer etc is defined)

these rules are constantly broken, and changed afterwards to their needs, literally on the day.

even thou it says fast track command it can change into 5 years plus
it happens that people have been promised a fast track, and suddenly where transferred to another fleet, where suddenly a 1000 hour min on type rule popped up in the books and has been applied. Your fast track privilege has been lost at that time and you are back to square one. Considering the fact that new types (350/787) are coming in, this can was lil happen to everyone, rules to be applied are the big unknown, as it is depending on the sugar and morning fart of AAR.

your consent to changes of your contract is not needed, as you consent by opening the letter of contract change by simply opening it. Funny enough even you click “abort” and the doc is not opened you have given your consent.

with 1500 hrs command there are some vary attractive jobs across Europe, yes not with the same salary put very attractive by terms of pay versus work life balance

just be careful what you wish for.

Short of - the desert is either you life their or you go broke - especially if you have family and they keep waiting for you at home - because they won’t do it forever

Last edited by flyTheBigFatLady; 18th Oct 2022 at 07:38.