PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New captain in EU LLC, -> FO Qatar or Emirates?
Old 17th Oct 2022, 13:59
SOPS
short flights long nights

Received 154 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by flyTheBigFatLady
if I understood correctly you are a new captain in LCC eu
why do you want to give up left seat for the unknown.
beside what else you have to give up, family friends etc.
bith are not commuting companies. Off request have a high uncertainty and leave basically only twice a year not guaranteed you get all your 42 days. In EK there is countless numbers of people had only 30 and less a year.
in EK maybe live leave works on short notice - worst case 12 hours before planned departure and highly uncertain for being granted at all
acclimatization rule for return to Dxb before next schedule duty (means min 12 hours before you need to cross the Dxb border)

giving up left seat without sufficient hours - I consider that as a fat mistake - in EK there are to many factors out of your hand to get back on the left seat.

What has been said above is very true. After 8 years in Ek, when I left, I got paid out 9 weeks ( I think) annual leave, because you only have to get a legal 3 weeks leave. ( I am sitting happily home in Australia, with a new career, that gives me 9 weeks leave a year, using up 5 weeks at the moment). Think very carefully before you go….it’s not all what it seems.