PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Small plane missing near Lucyvale Victoria
Old 17th Oct 2022, 09:07
Cloudee

Received 79 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
What about some form of mandatory Met exam or something, do you think that would benefit the group?

Only say that, as I met a RAA Pilot last week, who was very new to flying with a recent Jab purchase, and I was quite disturbed around the lack of weather knowledge, or the ability to even decode a TAF. INTER and TEMPO the bloke had no idea.

I think they need to tighten the bolts around RAA Navigation. Radio License should be a must for those travelling long distances, in this case it seems be 135nm, and the bloke didn't even have a radio license.
RAAus have a mandatory Nav/Met exam for a cross country endorsement. I’ve never heard of a cross country endorsement issued without a radio endorsement, for that matter I don’t know of any RAAus schools that issue the basic certificate without a radio endorsement. I’ll bet your Jab man had neither. Suggest you send Jill Bailey, the RAAus ops manager an email with your concerns, you might save his life (or someone else’s). [email protected] 02 6280 4700.

Last edited by Cloudee; 17th Oct 2022 at 09:29.