PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New captain in EU LLC, -> FO Qatar or Emirates?
Old 16th Oct 2022, 14:03
lacog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xulu
If you've been accepted to EK, don't consider QR. Especially on Airbus.

You should absolutely leave EU LCC for a number of reasons. Whatever you are looking for from the career is here: money, routes, travel, luxury/pampering, family life, girls etc etc. Anything you want is at your doorstep. Expat life is very good for kids under 14, and expat life is exceptional for single guys. The only counter is if you (or your wife) have a close knit family in EU that you would be upset to be away from (And bidding for a trip home every month or two isn't enough for you).
both for b777, not airbus. been accepted in both.

I was more positive for qatar because of the 6 days off in a row every month but WrldWide says its BS.. however my friend confirmed that (he is flying 787 FO).

Seems like to me that flying for Qatar I can go home every month or 2 because they say you can split the annual leave to small blocks.. while in EK is not possible as people say on the forums..

Anyone with experience in EK can confirm that we cannot split the annual leave in small blocks etc?

Why I shouldn't consider QR compared to EK?

Thank you for your info