PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Jerez Feedback?
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2022, 11:15
flyingdoctor357

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Contact Approach
As I suggested to the OP, the EasyJet MPL is the only scheme I’d recommend if going integrated. It’s not without huge risk though. I’m sure the sponsors could afford to top up the training to an ATPL should that situation arise…
'could' and 'would' are unfortunately two different terms when it comes to my sponsors - it is difficult to explain the extent to which sums of money are ringfenced and prescribed for very specific things that the overlords think is best...
Even if I could persuade them the MPL was sensible, despite the higher starting salary, I think I'm too late to the party with the ezy MPL if they run into trouble and don't believe the reward outweighs the risk; as someone else mentioned earlier in this thread they don't have a track record of treating their MPLs wonderfully if trouble were to arise - I'd rather use an engineer salary to pay for the medicals/renewals and join an airline later with a license that gives me the flexibility to do so.
Ultimately salaries in this country, given cost of living and abysmal management of our economy exacerbating it, are nigh on all insufficient to live of present and unless I sell my soul to London, there is little point in trying to think I can make ends meet in the first few years of a career as a lot of my colleagues have recently found out - other than perhaps as an engineer for pharma/MoD which is where I would probably end up.