PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Jerez Feedback?
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2022, 09:52
Contact Approach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By all means train where you want to train. You mention they are prepared to source 75% of the training, I’m speculating the rest is coming from yourself? If they’re so blindly adamant I question why they’re not fully sponsoring you. An integrated course including living costs then selection and type rating at Ryanair will cost approx £150,000 - £170,000. That’s not factoring renewing your medicals/IR if the market isn’t favourable upon finishing so have a plan for that. You’ll need to obtain both an EASA and UK licence to be eligible for Ryanair which involves two sets of everything including 28 ATPL exams instead of the 14. If you can get your foot in the door with an engineering job i’d try use that as a way of sustaining yourself after training until you manage to find a flying job. Your only problem then would be ditching a fairly secure and stable job to take a substantial pay cut.

If I were you I’d either join the EasyJet MPL scheme or spend the next two years establishing myself as an engineer whilst training at the same time, building up a prosperous network along the way. You’ll be in a far better position and will probably find a better first job because of it. Each to their own of course…

Last edited by Contact Approach; 16th Oct 2022 at 10:36.