PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Jerez Feedback?
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2022, 22:21
flyingdoctor357

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Contact Approach
Simply:
  • Easyjet MPL through CAE is your only option for any chance of the RHS at EasyJet. Avoid L3 at all costs.
  • Ryr/Wizz/Jet2 don’t care where you trained whatsoever. Many of my friends went modular, paid £50k for their licences and completed it in less time than the integrated courses. The entry salary for ryr is £16k, jet2 PA ~£22k and I believe wizz is around the same.
  • A Ryr TR will cost you £35k when all said and done and you’ll need an EASA licence.
  • Wizz as a company are notoriously bad to work for and the Jet2 PA is massively over subscribed and only opens a few times a year for only 10ish places per intake.
Ultimately you really need to know the facts before making any decision. You seem adamant you want to go Integrated against the collective advice given here which still makes little sense to me. The EasyJet MPL is the only integrated scheme that could possibly justify itself as it’s proven but risky.

Modular guys tend to be more well rounded Individuals and get exposed to more flying and come out with approx 50+ more hours than integrated cadets. You’ll find yourself at an airline assessment and no one actually cares one bit where you trained. You’ll have just paid double what everyone else has for the same measly unsustainable entry salary.
I don't know what to tell you here as to my 'adamance': as I've explained earlier, the source of the majority of my funding will not accept modular as an acceptable option - if someone is offering me money that it would take me years to save up to do what I've wanted to do my whole life, I'm going to take it - if you think that is unwise then we can agree to disagree!
I can assure you that you could put them in a room of pilots saying modular is the way to go - it will not be enough.
Ultimately, it won't be me who has paid double what everyone else has - and I am in a privileged enough position where my entry salary can be topped up: if I cared about that, I would either have become a doctor or used my engineering degree to become a banker.

That all being said, I do appreciate where you are coming from.
It sounds to me like, given my position, I may as well train at either and try to get a dual license if I can, then see what the world looks like in 2 years.