PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Jerez Feedback?
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2022, 19:12
flyingdoctor357

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by portsharbourflyer
Wizz Air seem to be take alot of Skyborne and L3 grads.

Jet2 the pilot apprentice scheme is open to all and reasonable numbers of modular have been recruited.

Ryanair now have their mentored schools but do take modular. CAE MPL seems to be the only way to Easyjet in the future . Ask yourself do you really feel safe flying at Easyjet now past MPLs are now getting upgraded to Captain. Put it this way alot of Senior Captains at Eastjet have only ever flown a DA42 and an Airbus and have no other flying experience. So it is an airline where the majority of it's Pilots have never flown anything challenging.
I did look at Skyborne recently - the only reason I haven't applied is because honestly I don't have the willpower to pay and undertake another round of aptitude testing until applying to airlines I also think that FTE is probably just as good - probably.

I do really like the look of the Jet2 apprentice scheme and if I got offers from every single airline recruiting low hours I would take the Jet2 scheme in a heartbeat because I like being a well-rounded human; I'm worried that by the time I graduate it'll be either saturated or nigh on to the point where getting a place is far too competitive but that being said one could hope that they have enough outflow through retirement/people moving to LH/other airlines that the scheme will continue.
I can't find any indication of the cost of the scheme but I have accepted at this point I will probably need to find another 30k for type rating after I graduate - doable via family or taking a year to work.

I'm getting the feeling that ezy is somewhat out of the question - not something I'm too upset about as I'm not prepared to gamble on an MPL - and I should look to wizz/ryr/jet2! The good news is wizz were at FTE in July talking about their UK recruitment so I think there is enough potential to get a job with them via FTE. I don't know about jet2 but from the sounds of it they're sensible(?) and accept that an fATPL is an fATPL so I don't need to choose so carefully thinking about them.