PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Jerez Feedback?
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2022, 18:54
flyingdoctor357

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by portsharbourflyer

The poster above is correct CAE are contracted to supply 200 MPLs per year to Easy. This suggests that there will be no more tagged integrated and no more white tails going to Easy in the future. I suspect Easyjet know nothing about true workings of CAE Oxford. Easyjet persistently present at PCL about CAE but it is evident the Senior Pilots that present at PCL have never spoken to any of the FIs at CAE.
This is a good point: I was surprised to see ezy recruiting any white tails given the number of MPLs they have each year but I did neglect to check when their flow of MPLs started again after covid.

I'd be interested to know the fate of those who transferred onto the ATPL programme at FTE and if (and where) they have jobs now.
With how fluid the employment situation is it feels like it's a) more reason to do an ATPL over an MPL due to the inherent risk of loss of employment and b) the exact training provider is probably less relevant if ezy are unlikely to be hiring white tails unless CAE have also suddenly got close ties to wizz/ryr/jet2 or FTE no longer care much for their British student cohort since Brexit came into effect last year.