PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Jerez Feedback?
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2022, 18:32
flyingdoctor357

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A320LGW
I personally know a few ex easyJet MPL cadets and their stories are just shocking of how easyJet treated them. Dropped like hot potatoes. Their "good guys" marketing image is literally just that; marketing.

For the cost of that you could go modular, pay for the rating with Ryanair and still be left with a lot of money to spare. You'd also still be eligible for Wizz should you prefer that.
I think what you say here is the approach I'm going to take, minus the modular bit due to my above post (if/when it gets approved!) - I can probably find the money for the ryr rating afterwards either through convincing the family or just working as an engineer to save up.
Edit: A tl;dr for if the above post isn't approved any time soon, the reason for the integrated is pretty much what VariablePitchP said above - I will not convince the people funding three quarters of my qualifications that modular is a good idea, and since it is not my money I am using (and my money is inadequate even for a modular approach) I may as well take the integrated approach. Perhaps optimistically, I believe that FTE handing out ATPL scholarships, and CAE with their MPL profit margins, are likely liquid enough to not have problems for the next couple of years, and both of their payment plans are structured in such a way that I'm not out of all my money before I start flying.
I'm deeply uncomfortable being tied to a single airline until I can convert the MPL given it costs the same as getting an integrated ATPL.
That might sound a little crazy coming from someone who is about to embark on an integrated course so is, in effect, burning money, but I find it comforting that an fATPL opens up the door to ryr/wizz/jet2 were ezy to enter problems at any point in the MPL or before conversion and treat their MPLs like they did last time (even if they do all now have jobs again), so at least it's burning money rather than gambling it.

Now all I need to find out is whether ezy are recruiting any ATPLs from FTE or whether it's only CAE MPLs and L3 ATPLs!
Emails shall be exchanged to find out whether FTE still is well connected with the likes of ezy/ryr/wizz/jet2 i.e. airlines that will hire me as a non EU citizen - once upon a time ezy recruited FTE ATPLs on campus and they do still list ezy as an 'airline partner' on their website (as much as I appreciate there is a lot of marketing in that term) but little information beyond that can be gleaned from their pages.

Last edited by flyingdoctor357; 15th Oct 2022 at 18:35. Reason: Adding tl;dr of above post