PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Jerez Feedback?
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2022, 17:30
flyingintheclouds

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by flyingdoctor357
The easyjet/CAE thing is a good point given I live next to Gatwick so I would aim to start my career with them to be honest (shamelessly live with parents for a year or two so as to afford a house deposit) - I dare say though that if they're hiring from L3, which I understand to have a less than stellar reputation at this point, they're likely to look to hiring from FTE as well? I know in 2017 they were hiring FTE graduates, but 2017 may as well be 1000 years ago with what's happened since, and I can't seem to find any information since.
The whole 'a licence is a licence' thing was mentioned so I'm not quite sure whether CAE actually gives a tangible advantage insofar as easyjet is concerned, but I guess training next to the MPLs must confer something.
I would have gone for the easyJet MPL but, without wishing to sound too cynical, I don't want to be shafted if easyJet decide they can't afford to take on all their graduates or enter financial troubles before I hit 1500hrs - whether my cynicism is misplaced or not I don't know but the two things I see often here are modular good (which I know, but can't do) and MPL bad (which I know, and can avoid)!

If we take it from the perspective of "I want to work for easyJet" which is somewhat accurate, would you say CAE is the wiser choice regardless of whether FTE provided better training?
As mentioned in this thread CAE are contracted for ezy for the cadet flow for the next ~5 years. However they have been taking cadets from L3 as they need so many (you’ll see this is true from LinkedIn etc.
However I know FTE cadets personally that have been left in the cold that were ex Ezy MPL and then moved in covid to turn to ATPL and they have not been reaccepted by ezy so take that as you will.

If you’re set on it being easyJet then the MPL is the best option. Don’t get me wrong there are flaws which have been shown in the past couple of years, but it’s probably the best tagged course around (finances aside).
Unfortunately it doesn’t seem they hire from modular guys it’s the big two schools only.