PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS, it gets better.
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2022, 19:18
Deano969

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Ladloy
I'd love to know what Deano thinks is an acceptable equivalent profit from little ol' underdog Rex
Anything over break even would be a bonus, however, need to wait 10 months for their results unless they issue an update
My bet is that they hit profit way sooner than they predicted, which was Q1 23 as QF/JQ have given them a huge leg up

QF/JQ had REX in their crosshairs and threw everything at them
No one can argue that QF/JQ have failed
REX has survived the initial onslaught (unlike many before) and so long as they continue with steady growth and adding more 738s regularly, they are a big chance of becoming the independent 3rd carrier Australia desperately needs

Note that even before REX announced they would enter the jet market I predicted this here and on AA.net
It was always on the cards given their expansive regional network, the possible collapse of VA just brought the commencement forward
Since VA survived with the Bain takeover, REX have adapted very well
QF/JQ, through their poof efforts have seen plenty of customers try REX and many are now showing loyalty where they can given the limited number of services REX has
This pent up demand to fly REX over QF/JQ will see them continue to fill seats as they expand