PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2022, 11:43
LBAflyer22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VickersVicount
Risking cashflow in very unpredictable times, its only 2022…But of course Jet2 can do no wrong…
https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/regu...of-cheap-money
Won't be accused of been a "Jet2 fan boy" and therefore Jet2 can do no wrong.

I watched the countless interviews with Steve Heapy during the pandemic and I'd like to get your view on this. Since your so anti putting holidays on for a 18 months out.

If Jet2/Jet2holidays keep the customers money, in a separate pot to their "business money" and the money is only transferred over once the flight has departed (Or probably been automatic the day after all that days flying) how is this risking cashflow? They can see, forward, what's coming into the business, knowledge of what is booked in advance bookings, probably got sight of what money is coming into the business in the next 3 months due flights been booked full etc. So tell me how on earth that is risky business?

Bare also in mind, Jet2 had a nice cash balance "pot" pre-pandemic, "surplus" cash if you will to see them through events such as the "pandemic". They are run very astutely, and know what with experience, what has caused other tour operators to fail/downsize and not be able to materialise on opportunities.

Your aware aren't you that other tour operators are also putting S24 on sale or will be soon. TUI, I believe, already have Long haul S24 on sale and have done for some number of weeks. TUI won't be far behind Jet2 when it comes to short haul and sales. So are TUI risking cashflow? Are easyJet holidays Risking Cashflow? Or are you just someone who lives day to day with the lies told in the media?

In a separate topic all together. Do you run a business?