PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Kerch Bridge Thread
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2022, 04:33
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by fdr
If it is, then it is in the wrong spot, there is little doubt that the epicentre of the detonation was near the centre of the two piers before the "shadow", that is on the span section that collapsed by being pulled back off it's bearings, IMHO. Could be washing? maybe. Doubt that it would come off without a bit of elbow grease, and it hasn't anywhere else. The resolution of the images is pretty lousy, Pity the guys on the ground doing the inspection are as likely as not to be part of the event.
I could have termed it better. I don’t mean deliberate washing of a particular area. More of an effect of either a water gun or helicopter drop bucket not being on target and inadvertently ‘washing’ the blast area thus causing what could be seen as a ghosting effect in the blast blackened area.

Re the prime mover ghosting possibility. I’m thinking it would likely be ahead of the actual placement of the truck trailer combo. Entirely conjecture on my part though in keeping with the spirit of this thread..