PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2022, 07:12
fdr

Received 861 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by Zionstrat2
Long time lurker, very rare poster so please forgive if I'm posting in the wrong place.

And possible I've missed this thought before, but as horrible as civilian deaths are, wasn't this one of the reasons the Brits won the Battle of Britain?

I haven't read my history in years, but if I remember correctly the Germans accidentally bombed London, Churchill called for a retaliatory attack on Berlin and Hitler lost it and targeted civilians instead of airfields. As a matter of luck, the RAF had been on the edge of losing, but this took the pressure off, it gave them time to to rebuild and ultimately destroy the luftwaffe.

Again, targeting civilians is despicable, however, isn't this a considerable strategic waste of limited munitions? Perhaps Ukrainian civilians can help win the war by digging extremely deep bunkers and then daring Putin to attack?
Beating up the natives didn't work at Masada, didn't work at Guernica, and didn't work in London. Sure as heck won't work against a proud bunch that Ukraine has presented to the world. They are apparently braver than Mr Musk. Pretty despicable to provide a service and then deny that same service. Would think that Tesla would be worthy of secondary sanctions, at least at the personal level.

Employing PGM to go kill a playground is hardly going to help Putin save his troops (slaves) in the field. The Russian troops best outcome arises in leaving Russia as approximately 3 times the number intended to be conscripted have done. They may not be welcome back in Russia under the current regime, but they will be more likely to be alive than being in the Putin pack. Curiously, as Russian forces start to run out of small arms ammo, and have been on bolt action rifles for some time, it is interesting that they cannot make payroll for their valiant conscripts, who are being paid slave wages anyway. That is the underlying state of the union, and that is what Musk is now assisting, along with OPEC.

Allowing Russia to gain ground in Ukraine leads towards greater risk, not less, so Musk needs to go think his problem through again, as he is literally dead wrong.

IMHO