PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commuting help/advice
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2022, 22:54
t_cas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Captn Rex Havack
Hi Red
Not really up with what is happening at VA, have I got this right - guys lost job at VA. Re - offered re-employment now.. If the offer is in a base
that doesn't suit....well, a job's a job and one is not forced to take it. But if there are jobs going in his preferred base, as a former employee, he should morally be
given some sort of priority there.

Yeah commuting is possible for pilots because of ID 90. Not many would commute if paying full fare every time. Notwithstanding what is said above, and your well made points,
it's not the company's commuting problem, they give you a job and a roster - be there. In my previous company (retired now) guys were commuting Melb to Syd. and for a while,
getting commuting rosters -but at the expense of the guys living in Sydney getting hole filling rosters.

TCAS - not referencing your comments about disrespected and undervalued, I agree. But you sound a little too "entitled" to me reference commuting. We once offered a Melbourne
guy a Sydney based job. We said no, we only have 23 pilots - we cannot write a cooshy roster for you with strings of days off and ignore everyone else. Its not fair to them and just won't
work. He then asked would we then provide paid accommodation for him. Wasn't you was it?
position
Not referencing me… yet:
”sound a little ”entitled” to me reference commuting”….?
Arrogant comment given I was referring to barriers that pilots are facing that makes their already onerous “choice” more difficult.
The company has a problem when they cannot adequately crew aircraft to meet scheduling commitments.

Nice closing comment/dig. Could not be further from reality.

The evidence of the state of the industry is crystal clear. Precipitated by continuing downward pressure on not just wages, but lifestyle, respect and overall job satisfaction.