PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Captain Returns to Gate For Late Passengers
Old 11th Oct 2022, 12:46
atb1943

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In May 1999 I was returning from Stansted to Hahn with a friend, when we missed getting off the transport at the right finger but didn't notice until we asked where our flight was. Over there, the Ryanair lady replied, pointing to the opposite finger. How do we get there I asked. You can't, she said, but then got busy on the phone. Come with me she said, and took us down airside and across in a landrover or whatever, and sent us up to check in. Sorry, but you're too late after all, we were told, and had to watch as EI-CJH was pushed back. We started discussing where to overnight, when someone said, Ee's coming back! You might be lucky after all. We were indeed, and waited for the door to open, but were met with a flight attendant looking daggers, because she had been already into her safety rigmarole. We trudged all the way down to the rear of the plane to a round of applause, and a lady in the row behind said 'the drinks are on me!'
What had happened? The baggage staff had taken off the wrong luggage! To our advantage, as it turned out.