PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commuting help/advice
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2022, 11:06
Captn Rex Havack

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
I may be wrong Red69, but you sort of make it sound like commuting should be a right supported by the airline. Only in aviation do workers feel commuting is an option. My dad was a bank manager, we got transferred, we moved. School teachers, coppers................all sorts of professions take transfers and have to move. Other professions, people take jobs hundreds of miles away, or interstate...........they move. I know aviation is an
unstable industry with job changes needed to achieve the final goal. But taking a job hundreds of miles away from home and hoping the company will give you a lifestyle roster is a bit precious.

Actually - its not just pilots. John "scumbag" Howard started the rot with politicians. He got a job in Canberra (Prime Minister of course) with a fully tax payer funded tent called The Lodge, but that didn't suit him. He chose to keep the family at another fully tax payer funded humpy called Kirribilli, and we, the pilots at 34 squadron, using tax payers money, flew him every Friday from Canberra to Sydney for a dirty weekend, and then another jet would trundle up Sunday evening to bring him back to Canberra to the Lodge for work for the week. Grub. The job's Canberra based - move. (yes.... a few crappy cask reds in the belly right now)