PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 11th Oct 2022, 05:52
Eutychus

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by uxb99
Obviously with hindsight but if it was me, I would have insisted a main carrier first class with all the bells and whistles. After all he was worth several million. Academic of course but flying with a single pilot in a small aircraft doesn't seem to fit the footballer lifestyle?
As mentioned in this thread previously, for work purposes I've flown as a passenger in a single pilot piston engine aircraft to the Channel Islands and back with a senior French government official on board. He might not have been worth millions but the diplomatic fallout had anything happened would have been significant.

If one is in a business situation at that level where other people are making the arrangements I think it's quite natural for the passengers to assume the operation is safe. As you can read from earlier in this thread, it took me this accident and this thread for me to realise how unsafe such an operation can become, and to realise that I was probably not insured on any of the several similar flights I took.