PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 10th Oct 2022, 18:44
EmbraerAhoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would you have wanted to know just before starting flight training?

Hello everyone!

This year, I'm finally going to take the big step and start my journey to achieve my dream of becoming a commercial pilot.
I've taken every precaution that I could have to mitigate the financial risks: I've just completed a degree in business law as an emergency backup option and have managed to build a secure career at the job that I started at the start of my degree. I've chosen a reputable ATO that's not far from where I live and can keep my job part time during my integrated ATPL.

I feel like with that I've built a solid base to start flight training, and now that I'm getting closer to my start date I'd like to ask for any tips that you would have liked to have given to yourself before you started your training, that you didn't know at that point. I just want to prepare myself as much as I possibly can before I get stuck in.
(I'm asking for anything you can think of, like for instance any small, helpful things about general life as a student pilot, learning the theory, the actual flying, maybe even things that made the transitioning to IFR easier for you)

I'd be really grateful for any input, thanks!