PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LGW BA lite
Thread: LGW BA lite
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2022, 19:02
Lordflasheart

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Floundering ............

I see the EF job vacancy has been removed from the BA careers page.
I'm guessing all done if advert has gone.
Indeed - I can't find any Euroflyer pilot vacancies on the BA website, nor indeed any ads placed directly by Euroflyer.

However, a gash google for "EF Pilot recruitment" brings up a number of seemingly current ads by various agencies I've never heard of ** - for direct entry pilots or direct entry captains. These do not seem to be made by Euroflyer. Some of them seem to be catch-all 'job-search engines.' So I have no idea whether any of them lead anywhere useful, or whether they are out-of-date dross, because you mostly have to register before they will tell you anything. ** For instance - GB-Melga, AviaNation, Jobriton and even LinkedIn.

Anyone seriously looking for a pilot job will already know the above. The word in our pub Friday night was that Euroflyer is still looking for pilots but the quality of applicants is questionable, there is a big shortfall in entry training capacity, and anyone in their right mind with the required type rating and 'acceptable to BA' ought to be looking elsewhere on account of the rubbish T & C.

The underlying opinion is that BA is flounderingly and micro-manageringly unable to decide from day to day what the pilot requirements are for both EF and Mainline and that EF is (unsurprisingly) getting a bit desprit.

Good luck to all pilot job-seekers.