PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aus/NZ Positions
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2022, 06:22
das Uber Soldat

Received 127 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
The argument is Seniority vs Not in a total package you can't cherry pick what parts you like and don't. Fact is companies without seniority have worse conditions full stop, unless its some sort of specialty operation that does require skill.
This is like pulling teeth. That is not the argument at all. Lets revisit!

You "Then you have issues such as how to organise baseings, leave allocation and so on. Good luck sorting those issues out without seniority"

You are claiming the 'baseings' and leave can't be sorted without seniority. Its there, in black and white.

I then pointed out to you, that other airlines have done exactly that. They have worked out those things, without seniority. So you spear off on a rant about general conditions overall, which was NOT the point you started off with. Do you understand what a strawman argument is?

Originally Posted by 43Inches
Yep and that is the crux, never said they are not entitled to the job, just by taking a job at lower conditions you are affecting the negotiations of those established within a company. Think of the overseas examples of A,B,C whatever scale at Cathay etc... poor guys at the bottom will never be on even close to those that went before, because they accepted those conditions. If you don't accept it, the company is forced to up the conditions.
Then that is on the people who accept the position. That was the most competitive position they could secure at the time. It is certainly not for you to label them 'self centered' and all the other pejorative nonsense you have thrown at them, just because they threaten your super. And it absolutely is not your right to demand they don't apply for a job at your airline, as you have explicitly stated in this thread.

"J* and VA got away with pay for your own endorsements because of pilots who wanted to fly jets no matter what. Seriously you had other choices. These same pilots who only think of themselves"

When I asked you what these 'other choices' were, you stated that these young pilots should give up their careers and go 'dig holes'.

I'm done with this debate, its a waste of time.

If you ever sit next to a young FO and then lecture them about how 'self centered' they were for joining your airline, which in your view risks your super, you're an absolute ******. Don't like the increase of supply of pilots and the resulting downward pressure on pilot wages? Nobody is holding a gun to your head.

Go dig holes.

I'm done here.