PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aus/NZ Positions
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2022, 05:30
43Inches

Received 428 Likes on 235 Posts
Network manages. Jetconnect manages.
They pay so low they hardly rate above GA, what is the point again? In fact looking at the numbers JC and Network only pay slightly more than a Rex SAAB pilot. So it looks like a SAAB pilot on a seniority system is way better off than a jet pilot without when you compare size of aircraft and especially with NZD vs AUD conversions.

I love that you think seniority is somehow protection against cronyism or nepotism. Just shows you have absolutely zero understanding of JQ and its makeup.
If you are being jumped by others for a position outside of seniority then you are not operating under a seniority program, so this is moot.

No, you clearly said that people applying to JQ and other airlines should literally give up their careers to go dig holes.

"And this is the self centered attitude I'm talking about, in a country where you could go dig a hole for $100k a year, you persist at a sub conditions job just because YOU want to. That degrades the conditions for all"

So, let me understand you; You're happy for people to spend 100 grand learning to fly, but they must quit immediately after so as to not endanger your super?

Explain it to me. When precisely is a young person allowed to apply for Jetstar so that they don't receive your condemnation of their 'self centered' attitudes?

This will be good.
Nope didn't say anything of the kind, I said if you were struggling living on food stamps or whatever you said in GA you should find other work that pays the bills.

However that being said no one has to work in Aviation in Australia, so remember that whenever you whinge. No one is forced to be a pilot, you choose this path, this is essentially the self centered idea. If you want to choose a job that is highly competitive with established structures that don't work for you, don't complain when you are stuck in a rut you created for yourself. No one else put you where you are, only by gathering support from your peers and working together can you change things.

According to you, the FO has no right to be there. Make up your mind.
Not sure where you get that idea from, FO has a right to be there like anyone else. However if they chose sub standard conditions below their predecessors then they are hurting themselves and the industry.