PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Recertification Testing - Finally.
Old 8th Oct 2022, 15:06
WHBM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by MechEngr
I agree with FDR - the best plan is to let the 737 series retain the interface it has now and expect that this is the necessary end, though I am unsure that alerts for critical systems necessarily improve safety. What I am sure about is inconsistency can generate a far greater safety issue as the initial MCAS software did.
One of the key things that did it for me was an early comment, possibly around the time of the first accident, by a US airline crew member. The NG and the Max, supposedly same flight deck thus needing no training, weren't identical, there were differences, which were covered in a PowerPoint presentation which they had to review. This particular crew had done so previously and were down for the NG all that day, as before, but a reassignment gave them both their first Max for the second half of the duty. So they whizzed through the Powerpoint again in the crew room, then set off.

Comment on arrival : "Gee, it sure was a good thing nothing went wrong. All sorts of things are just different ...".

I wonder if anyone ever did a "Real Max/NG differences" video and stuck it on YouTube.