PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Kerch Bridge Thread
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2022, 07:09
fdr

Received 861 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by petit plateau
This video (the one that is 44-sec long and is from the surveillance cameras looking East along the centreline of the road highways, explosion is at 33sec) suggest the truck was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Something seems to go off in the space between the bridge pier and the bridge deck, on the Russia-bound highway (I think that is the South one). The debris that blows S-N must be something lighteweight as the wind is also blowing S>N (we can see that from the smoke on the railtanks). I think the train may also have been happenstance. Actually I am unsure, maybe two piers are carrying explosives ?

This is the ideal location for Ukraine to pick. It is undeniably in their teritorial waters. It is not in the shipping channel which a) they want open and b) they want to avoid legal hassle over).But how did explosives get there ? Not necessarily placed by Ukraine given the factional infighting in Russia ?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1578633947109810176
The additional images are suggestive that you are correct, Petit plateau, It has the hallmarks of a charge on the bridge support, there is a large amount of debris that is coming over the side of the bridge deck. The truck may just be bad luck, could happen to anyone, along with the car, and, where is the engine for the train?

The stills that have been pulled from the video show a bow of a boat and a bow wave at the moment of the detonation. Shades of some recent PMs.

Last edited by fdr; 8th Oct 2022 at 08:42.