PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Kerch Bridge Thread
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2022, 06:50
petit plateau

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Beamr
Why was the fuel train on a stand still on that spot? A freight train needs kilometers to stop to a halt.

reg. the truck, the driver must've been suicidal or made his peace with his/her maker to go on a mission like that. Ukrainians seem a lot wiser than your average suicidal bomber looking for their 72 virgins.

There must be more to this story.
This video (the one that is 44-sec long and is from the surveillance cameras looking East along the centreline of the road highways, explosion is at 33sec) suggest the truck was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Something seems to go off in the space between the bridge pier and the bridge deck, on the Russia-bound highway (I think that is the South one). The debris that blows S-N must be something lighteweight as the wind is also blowing S>N (we can see that from the smoke on the railtanks). I think the train may also have been happenstance. Actually I am unsure, maybe two piers are carrying explosives ?

This is the ideal location for Ukraine to pick. It is undeniably in their teritorial waters. It is not in the shipping channel which a) they want open and b) they want to avoid legal hassle over).But how did explosives get there ? Not necessarily placed by Ukraine given the factional infighting in Russia ?