PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aus/NZ Positions
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2022, 06:40
43Inches

Received 415 Likes on 229 Posts
I've had mates passing in and out of J* for years since its inception. A lot of players only went there to get jet time to move up the ladder, overseas etc. Unfortunately the combination of not enough leaving and way too many with the same idea to replace them is why it will not change. At least until Rex and QLink are purged of pilots which will leave a gaping hole for them to sort out being the next rung in the ladder. Rex at least has a partially set up real cadetship, QF in general is still not quite sure what it wants to do in this area other than pray they can fill their hold file. I already know a few on QF hold file that have gone OS instead and probably wont come back.

So what are you suggesting people do? Sit in the RHS of a airline affiliated regional having their loyalty used against them?? Or go to Jetstar for 1-2 years then have the choice or working either in the Middle East, Europe, North America or Australia??
As a principle I've never bent to the stupid requirements some airlines require, from ridiculous pay to fly, or pay for endorsements, education other than year 12 etc, had to wait a little longer than others but it worked well and the last endorsement I paid for was while I was still in CPL training. All airlines I've worked for have paid me from the start date at ground school. A few more years sitting in a regional these days will have you a command, and I think all of them pay more for command than FOs at J*. The middle east and the freight mobs overseas are now taking turboprop drivers, they have no choice than to take what they can get.

I got no problem with people doing the job they want, but at least have some respect for yourself and others on the way up that you don't stuff the system from the inside.

Last edited by 43Inches; 7th Oct 2022 at 06:50.