PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Sky Marshals on Some UK Flights
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2004, 08:01
Tripower455

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
Absolute b____ks. You seem to be assuming that terrorists on aircraft will result in the automatic loss of the aircraft.
Nowadays, we HAVE to assume that, since, even if the bad guys don't make it to a building, the good guys will shoot us down.

If Richard Reid had been killed by an air marshall but a bullet had punctured the skin of the aircraft he was in in the exchange, some people who are now alive would be in small bits in the Atlantic.
No, if Richard Reid had succeeded in detonating his shoe, there'd be bits of people all over the Atlantic. If a bullet punctured the skin, I doubt that anyone on board would even know........

It's a well-known campaign run by the
California Rifle and Pistol Association.
Well, I've never seen or heard of it till now, but I do live about 3000 miles from CA.

I think I might file this little comment under "Greatest Misunderstandings in the 21st Century". THE POINT IS THAT EVERY PROBLEM IS NOT A NAIL. But we've been here before......
The point is to use the right tool for the job. If you want to hammer a nail, you need a hammer. If you want to stop terrorists in the act, you need a gun.