PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happened?
Thread: What happened?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2022, 14:22
Hyrees

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sbaker
This NT operator, who I am sure I have a good idea who it is.. ....
Now imagine a **** company, with **** wages, **** attitudes.. and absolute contempt for rules because it doesn't come back on them ...
You summed up the operator quite nicely in that paragraph. I'm sorry, but there is no defending this "operator". He/Him/They/It should be in prison, and i'm not even talking about aviation related offences.

Originally Posted by Sbaker
do you honestly think someone would purposely start an engine with someone's head next to it? ..I don't know anyone who would do that deliberately....

The truth is they did purposely start an engine with someone's head next to it. Plenty of witnesses to this event, internally and externally.

He refused any assistance all morning. Anyone who reset a cabin, tried to assist with paperwork, help with aircraft preparation were all screamed at to stop. He had in his mind that no one was there to help him, and he was trying to prove a point that he was capable of all tasks on his own. Pilots were told they were not worthy of being in the presence of a "20,000 hour pilot" and that they were all useless and worthless.

A few days prior, his advances and marriage proposal to a line pilot was rejected (and rejected multiple times, after he kept trying and pushing the matter after the initial no)

So yes, when a line pilot did try to assist with preparing his aircraft for a subsequent departure, he refused this help. He refused this help by jumping into the aeroplane and turning the propeller and immediately taxiing over to the fuel bowser. With a pilot standing dangerously close.

This is all consistent with this "operators" pattern of behavior. Genuinely, a breakdown as described above every 6 months. How the "operator" holds a medical is beyond me. The day that is revoked, the day the industry is better off.

They had a Brisbane base walk out. A few years prior to that, other staff members leaving a well known NT operator because of unwanted advances by the same "operator". And then their removal from the defence force for attempts made to a minor? There is no defending this operator.