PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2022, 09:25
McToryMug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by McToryMug
If you want to say anything negative about EK, somebody is always ready to shut you down immediately.

So I will start, the bidding system is working really well for me at the moment. Anybody want any info on the interview process please contact me by PM

Cheers
I received many private messages from people asking about the interview process. I do not want to patronise anybody on this forum hoping to join EK. One message said that he hoped to join a company where he was respected and felt proud of the company he worked for.

These decisions have to made by the individual but from the above message I concluded the complete lack of understanding of what people are getting into. There is plenty of positives in EK, the job is 1000 times better once you get your command so DEC may be a good option especially with the comparable salary.

Nobody would ever argue that EK is an airline of Stability, values, integrity , morals. It just isn't. Can you make it work for you? Yes. Can you be unlucky ? yes. Can you be lucky? yes. It is my opinion that it is a gamble for all, excluding those leaving jobs they can't sustain anyway, in which case you have little to lose.

As a career, EK is probably the least stable possible. If you get really ill and lose your medical and don't get it back in 12 months , they will sack you. This may be the same in your current airline. If you make a mistake on the line, they will sack you. This may be the same in your current airline also. Guess it all depends what you are leaving.

It's a big decision, and often it's irreversible. If you do go through with it and can leave your current airline on good terms with an option to return this would be the best insurance policy.