PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New 'Bonza' LCC launches middle 2022 with B737 MAX
Old 2nd Oct 2022, 07:36
Deano969

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
And here's Poppa right on que
Not sure about Micky, but I live on the Sunny Coast
I for one want Bonza up and running
Not sure, like others, if they will get the numbers from their all the regional city pairs they are launching, however, there is a good chance some will work, especially if they come in at the $50 per hour they initially quoted
Bonza would be awesome for connecting Sunny Coast locals that have relocated here from other regions with direct flights along with tourists
Additionally using MCY as a small hub to connect southern regionals with points further north eg. Mildura and Townsville 1 stop
Not all destination will work, but another airline like Pelican or REX may see reasonable numbers for their smaller birds and hermit crab onto vacated routes, though they may not be able to match Bonza's pricing

It has always amazed me why MCY and OOL have no direct flights from larger NSW and QLD regional ports
Pelican had a go from NTL to MCY but only managed 3 per week seasonal, where as JQ runs daily to the OOL with decent numbers
3-4 weekly NTL - MCY should be viable for Bonza at their price point
They should really have a crack at CBR as well, QF can't seem to make it work