PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Washington flights and security threats (merged)
Old 7th Jan 2004, 06:49
BWBriscoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not usually one to stoop to this level, but im going to anyway!

The only two direct attacks on American soil have been Pearl Harbour and 9-11. Both of the attacks were caused by American arrogance and their belief that they are indestructable.

Britain (and the rest of Europe) has been dealing with terrorism for a very long time, and our security sevices are much better prepared to deal with this threat. Security at LHR (although there have been some publicised lapses) is generally of a very high standard, much better than that of the security of most US airports even now. In the past month I have flown in and out of JFK, IAD and SFO, and I can tell you that security at LHR is a hell of a lot better than at these US airports.

What really annoys me is the way the US are now trying to dictate security matters to us, when in comparison Britain and Europe are experts compared to them in this matter.

Britain and London especially has been dealing with terrorism for a long time, most notably with IRA. The Americans sent funding to the IRA, and now they want us to turn round and take orders from them on security issues?!

I am a strong believer that prevention is better than cure, and therefore I believe the best way to stop an attack is to stop the terrorists or whoever getting near the aircraft in the first place. If a terroist manages to get on board an aircraft, we have failed.

Ben

p.s. I'm not a great lover of our prime minister, but I do not think he is the lap dog that the yanks like us to think! I think he has a hell of a lot of control over bush, and actually restrains him quite a bit!