PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 1st Oct 2022, 18:21
733driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by uxb99
What I don't understand with this unfortunate incident is the apparent complicity of the footballer in question (not blaming him here, this is just an opinion, observation) to fly in the aircraft in the first place.
Obviously with hindsight but if it was me, I would have insisted a main carrier first class with all the bells and whistles. After all he was worth several million. Academic of course but flying with a single pilot in a small aircraft doesn't seem to fit the footballer lifestyle?
I haven't checked but strongly suspect there is no airline service from Nantes to Cardiff, let alone by a major airline and certainly not first class as that doesn't generally exist on short haul European flights.

Footballers travel regularilly on small aicraft. Many private jets are not much bigger than the accident aircraft and some are flown single Pilot but not commercially in Europe.

I do however agree to an extent with the point you are trying to make.