PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2022, 20:42
fdr

Received 870 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by WB627
fdr - Correct me if I am wrong, I am under the impression that the UN charter actually requires that members of the UN come to the aid of a member who is attacked and that this would not require a vote in the security council, as any country rendering assistance in such circumstances, would be simply fulfilling its obligations under the UN charter?

Nutty - Why wood the Ukrainian's let them withdraw, only to reform and attack again? Surrender or die is the only sensible response to that request.
Sorry for the delay, was listening to the translation of Vlads speech, which caused me to throw up a little, he is hard to swallow. Could be a new vocation for Vlad, at weight watchers....

So, in answer,

United Nations Charter, Chapter I: Purposes and Principles article 2, (4 different gross breaches...)
Spoiler

United Nations Charter, Chapter II: Membership. Contrary to Article 4. May be suspended under Article 5, may be expelled under Article 6, (RUSSIA DOES NOT HAVE VETO IN THE UNSC, THEY DON'T GET A VOTE)Article 3 balances Article 4...
Spoiler

Sorry, Vlad just made me puke on colonialism...

Vlad "its their right enshrined in the UN Charter... Golly he needs glasses.

United Nations Charter, Chapter VI: Pacific Settlement of Disputes. Article 37 should have been invoked by some member of the UN, Ukraine abides with their obligations under Article 33. Russia ignored theirs., no one else did. That should have invoked Art 34.
Spoiler

Pretty shabby.

United Nations Charter, Chapter VII: Action with Respect to Threats to the Peace, Breaches of the Peace, and Acts of Aggression.
Majority of this Chapter is what should have been done and was not, Article 51 is the right of self defense, and the right for any UN state to come to the aid of a UN member being attached or threatened by another country. Russia maintains a discredited fantasy that they are the victim of... Hitler, the depredations of... Ukraine... ? and apparently some revisionist history lessons, and some incoherent rambling about protecting non-french, non-spanish etc speaking people as being a basis for annexation. Watch out Chelsea, watch out Little Russia, NY...

The first sentence of 51 gives the rights. The rest stands as a testament to the failure of the UN.

Article 51

Nothing in the present Charter shall impair the inherent right of individual or collective self-defence if an armed attack occurs against a Member of the United Nations, until the Security Council has taken measures necessary to maintain international peace and security. Measures taken by Members in the exercise of this right of self-defence shall be immediately reported to the Security Council and shall not in any way affect the authority and responsibility of the Security Council under the present Charter to take at any time such action as it deems necessary in order to maintain or restore international peace and security.
Spoiler

Gotta go, Vlads speech is leaving an aftertaste, something is rancid in it...

As far as conducting a criminal invasion in 2014 and 2022, murdering civilians in MI -17, supplying soldiers to foment civil discontent in a sovereign nation, conducting sham elections with no such authority and under gun point, murder, rape, theft, torture, failure to return library books, genocide, not replacing divots, littering, abandoning vehicles.... threatening Armageddon... how today he thinks that anyone is going to believe any undertaking Russia makes ever let alone for a ceasefire is incomprehensible. Perhaps he actually believes what he vomits up.

Whoops, off I go again,... bletch!
Where do the carrots and tomato skins come from???

P.S.: Jens Stoltenberg NATO-SG, made a specific use of the statement "not a party to..." which would appear to indicate that UN Charter Article 27(3) may be about to be invoked to permit the UNSC to try a vote. There is only a wildcard with China, whether they want to be on Russia's side or not. If they did, expect secondary sanctions pretty promptly which would destabilize China. Interesting times, but there is no way that Putin may be permitted to win if such behavior is not to spread. His comment on nuclear blackmail is on point. NATO supports the ongoing investigation on the sabotage of Nordstream... guess the Spetznaz frogmen are going to have some 6th floor window incident, flippers causing mass tripping over sill I guess, and the planting of passes for a pregnant lady in their pockets. The hole in the back of their heads will be purely coincidental.

Time for bets on whodunnit.... My bet is still Russia, and the evidence will be on the ground about the breaks, and in the sonograms.

Last edited by fdr; 30th Sep 2022 at 21:00. Reason: PS