PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-3
Thread: Heathrow-3
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2022, 20:05
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Musket90
Have heard Kilo middle section will be finished in a week or so but work is planned in the northern section straight after lasting for several weeks so through route probably open early December.
This project has taken absolutely ages to complete but why. I to have also tried to search online for more details but to no avail. Other than the extra stands that have been completed what has actually been done on this section of Kilo for it to have taken so long. The whole of Terminal 2 was completed in less time than the longstanding works on this section of apron. I should imagine that once the construction of Terminal 2C finally gets underway we're probably see a similar project.

Regarding Terminal 1, does anyone know why it hasn't already been partially demolished. I would have thought that the adjoining and unused car park would have at least been demolished by now.

I'm looking forward to the day when Terminal 1 is finally demolished and construction of the Terminal 2 extension along with Terminal 2C finally gets underway.