PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dear CX Management..
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2022, 14:36
anxiao

Received 49 Likes on 10 Posts
Oh don't get me started. Oh, you have. I'll try to be brief.

The Secretary for Transport and Logistics Mr Lam Sai-hung said today's signing ceremony ... marked the first time that aviation theory courses would be taught by a local institution.

Well after PPL we tried in the HK Aviation club to teach CPL courses until CAD said "Cannot". When we had a meeting with CAD the person in charge of licensing at the time was asked by their senior FOI why the club had been banned. She looked at the table and said, "It's tradition." He restored sanity by saying that he thought it was a tradition that needed changing. Give CAD their due, they then allowed CPL training without being employed by a HK AOC operator.

I assume that under the new HK education language regulations the CPL/ATPL ground school courses will be required to be taught in Mandarin. Fair enough, a law is a law. So presumably 3 months of the course before flight training will be spent getting the cadets up to level 4 English.

Maybe they should just bite the bullet and say we need to send HK cadets to China for full ATPL training. At least most of the mainland pilots I have met speak better aviation English than the current stream of HK applicants.

​​​​​​​Muppets