PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skirts and heels for men included in Virgin uniform overhaul
Old 30th Sep 2022, 06:22
Icarus2001

Received 250 Likes on 108 Posts
VS know their market and their punters... they aren't Aussie backwater bigots.
So anyone who is not comfortable with the < 0.5% of the population who self define as TRANS must be a bigot? Funny how inclusion only runs one way.

The real problem is that this forum became a forum of old men not understanding that they are on the way out and that the world will turn without them and their opinions quite happily.
Lots of assumptions in that sentence. Once again, why would old (white) men's opinions be any less important than a millennials? Oh because you say so. Right.

I would have no problem with a colleague of either gender who transitioned to the other (there are only two plus trans). Happy to work, fly and have a beer with them. If it was someone I knew I would support them in any way I could.

That is a long way from agreeing to use your chosen pronoun when you are out of the room, who uses her/him/they when the subject is present? So you want to control my language whilst not even present? How inclusive.

That is also a long way from agreeing to allowing middle aged men into women's change rooms at the pool whilst children are showering and getting changed.

It is also a long way from agreeing that non-binary is a real thing. Funny as anything when you point out there are two kinds of people, binary and non binary.

Sending men to women's prisons and then being surprised when they rape a woman?

These are the issues the old men are not comfortable with. Are their views less important than someone who self declares themselves to be non binary or trans?