PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2022, 13:09
SWBKCB

Received 98 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by pabely
Correct on the last two posts. If planes are travelling within agreed parameters he has no recourse to complain via the medium used.
There is a question on whether the complaint to the Police was via the proper email address or via direct emails to individuals?
Being no legal expert but do not the police decide whether it is in the public interest to pursue to the courts. If it is not in the public interest then they will just stop any preceeding. Bit like a neighbours dispute over noise. They might arrest you but without evidence or in the public interest drop any proceedings. The Police do not judge innocent or not, only whether it is worth bringing to courts.
Nope - Police don't decide on prosecution, that's the Crown Prosecution Service.

There's clearly more to this than meets the eye, and he's not above playing games..

He claims to be disturbed 'up to' every 2 minutes 24x7x365, clearly anticipating that most people will miss the 'up to' bit. Picked up by the lady at the end of the video who queries the frequency of night flights.

From a quickly look at FR24, flights are at 5,000ft plus over Harpenden - its not like he's under short finals, I'm in a similar position and while I can hear a/c, he seems to be overstressing the impact (I understand that noise can impact people differently)

There is something odd about somebody who makes this volume of complaints without any response, and who doesn't then try any alternative actions. He only seems to have complained to the airport from his evidence. The airport seem to have hugely over-reacted - would love to hear the other side of the story.....