PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2022, 06:30
Dannyboy39

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It may be written in a way where every single aircraft should be reported seperately, but it is hardly in the spirit of the rules, I'm sure you'd concede that. Surely that specific complaints line is designed for specific aircraft that come in and cause a clear disturbance for many people so they can pin-point a trend. Not for one individual to write in 100s of times every day making a mockery of that.

This isn't exclusive to Luton - I'm pretty sure there is a retiree who spends all his days writing to Gatwick about each individual aircraft that passes over his head.

As for the specific instance, I really don't understand how his life can be made impossible to live. I've just logged onto FR24 to see what's going on - straight away I see RYR8AL routing in the gap between Harpenden and St Albans up at around 5,000 feet. This isn't going to make that much noise. Routing in between towns and cities to try and minimise the number of people affected by aircraft noise.

For over 25 years I lived around 2 miles from the end of runway 07, admittedly not under the flight path directly. Aircraft noise was a fact of life and I could see departures from my back garden. I was never woken up by a noisy A300 or anything else. Occasionally in the old days I was woken up by night engine runs.