PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-3
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2022, 12:14
pug

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjpowell
There is still some pressure on locally to resolve this and either find a buyer or carry out CPO.

Now Tui have started to move their flights I have my doubts how it can be viable, but airports have had closures and near misses, and come back so who knows. I'm far form certain how successful a CPO would be. I'm sure that would be a long drawn out process with a lot of disagreement on value!
Going back to my post a few days ago regarding the legalities, I would assume that there are no legally binding clauses which stipulate land at DSA must be retained for aviation uses given the news on Monday. I’ve seen the CPO option mentioned a few times during the last few months, but like blocking any planning applications I’m not sure how it would stand up at appeal. Who sets the amount of compensation to those subject to a CPO? How would the land be valued should it be subject to a CPO, as an airport that has apparently lost a lot of money, or a large plot of development land worth £hundred of millions?

I don’t think it’s over yet.