PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Sky Marshals on Some UK Flights
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2004, 04:08
Tripower455

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
And with online check-in, the passengers can choose exactly where they want to sit.......2 on the upper deck to disarm the marshal and die for their cause, 5 on the lower deck to sieze the cockpit once the disarmament is complete.....
State, exactly, how you are better off in this scenario without a sky marshall aboard?

And everyone keeps telling me about low-velocity rounds not puncturing aircraft skin. What about a window?
Whoever's telling you that is misinformed........ any round carried by an air marshall will definitely penetrate the skin or a window. Moot point though, since it make no difference in the big scheme of things, during an attempted air piracy.

I think it goes back to the argument "when you have a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."
But would you use anything but a hammer to drive a nail? It is the right tool for the job.

I wouldn't expect anything less from a country where billboards proclaim

"Society is safer when you don't know who's armed."
Funny, I've never seen that billboard.

I'll decline comment on what I think about some of the UK's philosophies. I am a big fan of most of the UK's pop stars of the '60's and '70's, and ironically enough, think that you folks make some of the best piston air rifles in the world!