PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many aircraft have you flown in - in your life time ??
Old 28th Sep 2022, 00:41
25F

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
As SLF it's been fun reading this and made me compile my own list - which isn't worth posting at about 25 types so far.
I expect a few more might occur to me. There's some "don't-knows" - flying from Bratislava to Prague in '97, I remember it was probably an Antonov - any ideas?
Lots of DC-3 mentioned but I (in my mid-fifties) *might* be the youngest person here to take a scheduled flight in one rather than a "jolly". The one I remember involved a desert-strip landing where we all had to disembark whilst hand-pumped refueling took place. I threw a spectacular strop and was allowed back (accompanied by cabin crew) to retrieve my teddy. Of course, being a devious toddler, I just wanted to get back on the plane and be the only passenger allowed to break the rules. Worth it - don't think I have been in a silent and empty airliner since.
[I think I've mentioned this before but the search tool can't find it - so apologies for repetition, if so.]