PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why is there no "new flight deck option" for the A320 series?
Old 27th Sep 2022, 17:02
Uplinker

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by iggy
Uplinker, you keep assuming that I am not a competent pilot, that I don't know how the system works, and that my experience in the Airbus is the result of bad managed panic reactions, so there is no point in carrying on with the debate if you are not going to give any credit to anything I say.

You have a good one.
iggy, whoa ! No, I don't assume that, and I apologise and meant no disrespect, but from your previous comments; including words such as 'slamming the thrust levers', I have to ask.

Surely, even on a turbulent approach you have the capacity to glance at the N1/EPRs when you see the speed trend arrow dip or overshoot? Surely you can see and hear and feel the engines spool up or down?

What, actually, do moving thrust levers tell you that the Airbus FBW family doesn't? Genuine question - I have flown both Airbus and B737, and cannot see any advantage in the Boeing system - for me, it added more problems than it allegedly solved.

Last edited by Uplinker; 27th Sep 2022 at 17:14.