PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truck drivers earning $150 K - Good for them.
Old 27th Sep 2022, 06:24
43Inches

Received 415 Likes on 229 Posts
Best drugs you could buy when I was at highschool were from the Private School students.
I was a problem child and attended 2 different well know private schools and a few public schools. The only difference I found between them other than cost and uniforms was the illegal stuff that was present. The private school I was offered hard drugs, and guns, the dealers know who has money and target them, just like they target footballers and such.

The public schools most I ever saw around was reefers, dopeheads, dope was uncool at private school.

Education stats are also a farce, be very careful how they actually achieve this. Several exclusive schools I've been involved with will take your money and accept your child up to about year 10 with no issues, then if they are not averaging higher grades they will be pushed out of the school before year 11/12 so that the tested averages for the school remain high. That is then used to justify their higher fees as they claim being consistently in the top 10% etc. Public schools are no allowed to push students out as long as they are not disruptive, so they will always have lower averages for exam scores and uni entrance ratings.

Bullying can be a problem in the public system, but also have to remember most of those types filter out of the system by year 10 and drop out.

Out of the 100s I went to school with, the most successful individuals were through the public system. By successful I mean they definitively increased their standing in society from where they started. Most of the private school students went on to high paid jobs in line with or less than their parents achievements, whether the education helped, or more the family contacts is debatable, you will also get contacts in the private school environment. Some educated professions can also be a 'club' where certain avenues need to be adhered to. A large number of my public school student mates came from very little and rose to own their own businesses, one now owning an import wholesaler, several stores and restaurants. More of the public school people I know went in to their own businesses and have done fairly well.