PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Hold Pool
Thread: Jet2 Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2022, 21:43
Count of Monte Bisto

Received 273 Likes on 93 Posts
I work for easyJet and am not looking at Jet2. I used to work previously for Channel Express and flew the Handley Page Herald for them in a previous life. I am not looking to go anywhere, but came across this thread. I do know, however, that many of our FOs and captains are applying to Jet2 as they are hacked off by easyJet for one reason or another. Whether they will actually leave when push comes to shove is another matter. From Jet2's point of view, current A320 pilots with loads of hours on type are a pretty attractive commodity. I believe they are trying to hoover up our MAN-based TRE's who now have to work in Crawley near Gatwick and spend a lot of time away from home. By all accounts a good number have applied to them and are progressing through the system. Apparently, they also pay TRE's more at Jet2 than easyJet, but I cannot confirm that.

I am near the end of my career and enjoy being a TRE at easyJet. However, Jet2 have much to commend them, but it is a hard-rules world. Having seen Philip Meeson (Executive Chairman at Jet2) in action many years ago, I have no desire to be part of his empire ever again. However, it is horses for courses and good luck to everyone who goes there. I have as somewhat mercenary view of this. If loads of pilots leave us to join Jet2 then that puts pressure on our terms and conditions and we will all gain from that.

Regarding waiting for recruitment updates, I am afraid that is the nature of the beast. These guys do not care if you are offended in any way - it is simply a matter of filling seats when required. If you fit the bill then you get the call at a time of their convenience. If you pass the assessment you get a job offer for start date of their convenience. If you do not fit the bill at the time, they simply keep you hanging on until you are definitely surplus to requirements and they send out the letter or just do nothing at all. Such is the world of job hunting sadly.